YouTube Made Me Buy It | What Was Worth the Hype

Hey guys!! I saw this tag going around YouTube and I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. YouTube has 100% created and continues to feed my makeup addiction (as I'm sure it has for most of us!) These are the top products I think of when I hear YouTube Made Me Buy It - Keep on reading to see what I actually found worth it!

BeautyBlender - This is probably hands down the most used item on YouTube... and with very good reason! I have repurchased this sponge numerous times. I've tried tons of similar sponges, but somehow, nothing truly compares to the BeautyBlender. It blends everything beautifully and doesn't make any makeup look cake-y. Most people know this, but this is a 110% must-have.

LA Girl Pro Conceal - I've followed Carli Bybel for a while now, she actually went to the high school next to my town and I know a bunch of people who know her (small world!!) and she swears by this concealer to contour her nose. It always looks so natural and she even uses the applicator on this little tube. Since this was really cheap, I figured I'd give it a go but this was unfortunately a fail for me. There's a 70% chance it's because I don't know how to contour my nose lol but 30% of me says this just doesn't blend as nicely with my skin-type or my face products as it seems to on her.

A Flat Contour Brush - When the contouring craze first emerged, this type of brush was all the rage. I saw this one from Crown Brush pop up on HauteLook two summers ago for really inexpensive, so I took the plunge. I definitely like this brush, but I only use it to contour my nose these days. I felt it was too dense to naturally contour my cheeks, but I do like using the sharp edge to draw the line on my nose and then I use a small blending brush or pencil brush to blend and it looks really natural.

Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette - Everyone knows how much Urban Decay's eyeshadow palettes were (and still are) talked about in the beauty world. I couldn't bring myself to spend $50+ on one of the larger Naked palettes considering I really only enjoy matte shadows, so when I saw them release this Basics palette, I had to get it. I really did love the palette and I'm sure I still do, I just grew out of it considering I've had it for 3+ years. I defiantly enjoy my Lorac Pro Matte and Studio Makeup On-The-Go palettes more these days, but I would still say this is worth the money.

ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks - These are still talked about a TON, as are many liquid lipsticks on the market. These are certainly the most inexpensive, so I went a little crazy and bought like 8 lol. When I first wore these, I did like them a lot. But I realized as I tried some more liquid lipsticks formulas, these are waaaaay too drying for me. They start to crust off after an hour or so and it's a pain to be running back into a bathroom to reapply and make the cursty-ness go away.

Becca Cosmetics Opal Highlighter - This is probably the most talked about highlight on the internet. I had eyed this for so long but continued with my drugstore highlighters because of the price. A few months ago, I saw this little Glow on The Go set with a mini pressed powder and liquid Opal for $20, I knew I had to go for it! I really do love this highlight. It's so pretty and can be natural or dramatic which I love. I think this set is also perfect since I will probably never hit pan on a full sized highlight.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso - This is an OG YouTube favorite. I remember Ingrid Nilsen used this in so many tutorials when I first started watching videos and I had to have it. This has been in my collection for years and I can truly say it's a favorite! I always come back to this blush. It blends so nicely and adds the perfect flush to the cheeks. It's also super inexpensive and easy to get your hands on!

Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation - This is the newest product I picked up because of YouTube. I recently ran out of my Too Faced Born This Way foundation (which I'm still obsessed with), but I heard so much about this foundation, I figured I may as well try this on out before I re-purchase the Too Faced one. I honestly still can't decide if I like this more than the Born This Way, but I do enjoy it. I like that it doesn't oxidize and I love how natural it looks. The only thing that throws me off is there is no shade that matches me perfectly, so I need to add in a white foundation mixer to make it lighter. I definitely plan on keeping this and will continue to update you all!

And that's a wrap! I have bought a TON (probably most of my collection) based on YouTube and Instagram reviews, but these 8 are certainly the first that came to mind when I saw this tag. What products have you purchased because of YouTube? And did they live up to the hype? Let me know in the comments! Thank you so much for reading! <3

Products Mentioned:

  • Beauty Blender - Sephora, $20
  • LA Girl Pro Conceal - Walgreens, $2.99
  • Pro Contour Brush - Crown Brush, $7.99 (On Sale!)
  • Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette - Sephora, $29
  • ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks - ColourPop, $6
  • Becca Cosmetics Opal Highlighter - Sephora, $38 (Full Size)
  • Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso - Walgreens, $8.29
  • Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation - Sephora, $42

No comments