What you'll need:
- 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour (any flour will work)
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle seasoning (I used one from McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, mined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package dry spaghetti (or any past you have on hand)
- Dash of salt
How you do it:
- Mix together the bite-sized chicken, flour and chipotle seasoning in a medium bowl making sure the chicken is fully coated.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat. Then, add the chicken and cook on both sides until they're no longer pink on the inside. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- At this point you should also have begun cooking your pasta as directed on the package
- Pour a tiny bit of chicken broth into the pan to help deglaze it. Add the peppers, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent then add a dash of salt.
- Add chicken broth, parmesan cheese and chicken into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!
It's as easy as that! Like I said, this yielded about 4 servings so it's a great meal that you could portion out for the rest of the week. Let me know if you try this out! Thanks for reading :)